Ross Watson Gallery is committed to providing you with the highest level of customer service. This includes protecting your "privacy". We appreciate the importance of protecting your personal information and recognise the trust placed in us when you supply your personal information to us. We collect information from you, without limitation, from exhibition guest books, our website, over the telephone or person to person.
Information Use and Disclosure
We will not use or disclose personal information that we collect for any secondary purpose other than the primary purpose of collection without your consent unless:
- the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose (directly related if sensitive information) and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for that secondary purpose;
- in the case of direct marketing not related to our activities, we have obtained your prior consent (unless it is not reasonably practicable to seek your consent and we otherwise comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act);
- or the use or disclosure is otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act.
You may, at any time, request us not to provide you with any further publications by contacting us on the details below. Please note this excludes information about changes to our terms and conditions for the supply of goods or services; questionnaires; and information which you have requested us to supply.
By using our website you will be deemed to consent to us using your personal information collected by our website for the following purposes:
- market research in relation to the products and services referred to in paragraph (a) above;
- the distribution to you of promotional material and general information relating to our activities, and related matters; and monitoring your use of our website.
If you use our website, but do not consent to the use of your personal information for any purpose specified above in paragraph (i) or, (ii), then please contact us at the address below. Please note this excludes use of your personal information to provide you with information about changes to terms and conditions; questionnaires; other important information about which you have requested us to supply.
In providing you with goods or services, we may need to disclose your personal information to certain third parties including, without limitation, our contractors assisting in the provision of the goods or services.
We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information, which we hold from misuse or loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When using our website you should be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure.
Although we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us over the Internet and you do so at your own risk.
Access, Correction and Further Information
We will provide you with access to your personal information held by us, unless we are permitted under the Privacy Act to refuse to provide you with such access. Please contact us as set out below if you:
- wish to have access to the personal information which we hold about you;
- consider that the personal information which we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date;
- or require further information on our personal information handling practices.
How to contact us
If you have any queries on this Statement or you are dissatisfied with our service in relation to the Privacy of your information you should write to:
The Director, Stephen Morgan
Ross Watson Gallery
465 Nicholson St
Carlton North, 3054
Phone: +61 425 784 341